Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Kevin Engelstad <ke...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/15 21:52:43 UTC

Lets Encrypt Certs

I have Openmeetings up and running but I want to be able to use my
domain to connect to it and I would like to use Lets encrypt to provide
the certs.  I've tried looking for a tutorial but either I'm not using
the right search terms or a tutorial doesn't exist.  If anybody could
help me out I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

Kevin

Re: Lets Encrypt Certs

Posted by "R. Scholz" <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de>.
Hello Kevin,

it's a little bit difficult to know where you have the problem.

I think you have the certificates for your domain.

cert.pem
chain.pem
fullchain.pem
privkey.pem

Then you have to edit your "conf/server.xml" and make (or modify) the
following lines like this.

<Connector port="5443" ............................... SSLEnabled="true">
    <SSLHostConfig>
     <Certificate
certificateFile="/etc/letsencrypt/live/YOURDOMAIN/cert.pem"
certificateKeyFile="/etc/letsencrypt/live/YOURDOMAIN/privkey.pem"
certificateChainFile="/etc/letsencrypt/live/YOURDOMAIN/fullchain.pem" />
    </SSLHostConfig>
</Connector>

After that your Tomcat is able to work with port 5443 and the right
certificates.

Hint: By me I work with a subdomain on a server behint a NAT. Here
follows that I have to modify the DNS record to the IP-adress of my own
router, there a forwarding.
If your problem is here let me know.

Have a nice day and best regards,

René

Re: Lets Encrypt Certs

Posted by james judge <jj...@gmail.com>.
Kevin - I'm using let's encrypt on my OM machine. Feel free to hit me up if
you need help.

Thank you,
James Judge
www.JamesJudge.info <http://www.jamesjudge.info/>