Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by shymon <sh...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2009/07/13 16:41:25 UTC

TextField component and body background attachement

Hi,

I have noticed that whenever I put TextField component on my page eg. like
this:

<t:form t:id="someFormId">
  <input type="text" t:type="TextField" t:id="someTextId"/>
</t:form>

attribute:
 style="background-attachment: fixed;"

This occurs _only_ in MSIE.

Is it a bug or feature?
(T5.1.0.5)

Re: TextField component and body background attachement

Posted by shymon <sh...@poczta.onet.pl>.

Ok, to exclude influence of some other components I'm using in project, I
have created new project using Tapestry 5 Quickstart Archetype (5.1.0.5) and
put long placeholder text in Index.tml. In internet explorer background was
scrolled _with_ the rest of content.

So then I added following code to Index.tml:

<t:form t:id="someFormId">
    <input type="text" t:type="TextField" t:id="someTextId"
value="literal:test"/>
</t:form>

and background image became fixed and content was scrolled independently.

IE developer tool shows that body element has some attributes added:

      return __method.apply(null, [this].concat($A(arguments)));
    }" observe="function() {
      return __method.apply(null, [this].concat($A(arguments)));
    }" stopObserving="function() {
      return __method.apply(null, [this].concat($A(arguments)));
    }" visible="function() { ... (some long long JS follows here)

Ok, maybe this JS is necessary, but WHY this style attribute is added???!!!
I'm almost sure it's a bug and it is very annoying as I can't override it
with css.
And I don't want to have my bkg image fixed.

Does anybody know something about it?

PS: In other browsers body has no attributes and everything works fine.