Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Sauquet Dominique <ds...@prosodie.com> on 2002/06/18 18:36:06 UTC

problem with DTD

Hi

I want to parse several XML Documents with a DOM Parser to get DOM tree
representations for my documents.
My DTD is in an external file. It is the same for all the documents.
The Documents do not contain the DTD !!

How can I do ?
I am not sure that I have understood this FAQ.

	  How do I more efficiently parse several documents sharing a common
DTD?

 	 DTDs are not currently cached by the parser. The common DTD, since
it is specified in each XML document, will be re-parsed once for each
document.

However, there are things that you can do now, to make the process of
reading DTD's more efficient:

*	keep your DTD and DTD references local
*	use internal DTD subsets, if possible
*	load files from server to local client before parsing
*	Cache document files into a local client cache. You should do an
HTTP header request to check whether the document has changed, before
accessing it over the network.
*	Do not reference an external DTD or internal DTD subset at all. In
this case, no DTD will be read.
*	Use a custom EntityResolver and keep common DTDs in a memory buffer.

Could you send me the corresponding example or any other example ?
Thanks a lot
	Dominique