Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net> on 2004/09/22 21:31:50 UTC

Windows installer: Installing libdb42.dll into the apache modules dir seems wrong to me.

Installing libdb42.dll into the apache modules dir seems wrong to me.

I voted +0 on r10978, because I think that overall, the revision was an
improvement, but wouldn't it make much more sense to install libdb42.dll
alongside libsvn_fs_base ?

Max.

Re: Windows installer: Installing libdb42.dll into the apache modules dir seems wrong to me.

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Wednesday 22 September 2004 23.31, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Installing libdb42.dll into the apache modules dir seems wrong to me.

True, but some systems don't work without the dll in The Apache modules
dir or Apache's bindir. We have had a lot of discussions about this the
last two years here.

> I voted +0 on r10978, because I think that overall, the revision was
> an improvement, but wouldn't it make much more sense to install
> libdb42.dll alongside libsvn_fs_base ?

Yes, that would make more sense. The problem is that I often have to wait
with commits until short time before a release's tagging (the Installer
is the last thing to be done), another problem is that I don't have the
slightest idea about how many people who have tried and tested the
installer between rc and finished states.

So my priority is to make small, and practical improvements, making sure
that the installer is as stable as possible. Maybe I will do this the
next time if nothing goes wrong with the current installer.

Thanks for the vote and merge!  :-)

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/