Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Edward Sumerfield <es...@bitbashers.org> on 2007/12/05 23:49:16 UTC

Spring 2.0.7 Packaging Problem

Ivy downloads the spring-core.jar version 2.0.7 which does not contain

    org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler

When I download from the spring site I get the scripting package in the
single spring.jar.

What is the best approach to dealing with these kinds of inconsistencies?
Start with public repositories first and then bring them into the shared or
build the shared repository as you go to ensure that you have what you want?

If I am having to rely on building my dependency xml files myself I wonder
how much I am saving using Ivy. I like the idea of being specific but the
brute force method of including **/* is enticingly simple.
--
Ed

Re: Spring 2.0.7 Packaging Problem

Posted by John Gill <ll...@gmail.com>.
Also, springframework 2.5 is out you know...

On Dec 6, 2007 11:43 AM, Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 05:49:16PM -0500, Edward Sumerfield wrote:
> > Ivy downloads the spring-core.jar version 2.0.7 which does not contain
> >
> >     org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler
> >
> > When I download from the spring site I get the scripting package in the
> > single spring.jar.
>
> The class above is shipped in spring-context.jar, which is one of the
> modules, spring-core being another one. The "spring.jar" rolls
> _everything_ into one jar. They are just two different packaging
> options. If you want to have finer control, pick from the modules. If
> you want the easy way, just use "spring" for the module name in your
> dependency and get the one-jar-that-has-them-all.
>
> HTH.
> --
> Jing Xue

John Gill

Re: Spring 2.0.7 Packaging Problem

Posted by Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com>.

Posted by John Gill <ll...@gmail.com>.
Download all your artifacts (spring and otherwise) and build your own
repository. It takes a little longer to setup, but in the end you have total
control. Relying on external repositories is a really bad idea IMO.

On Dec 6, 2007 7:49 AM, Edward Sumerfield <es...@bitbashers.org> wrote:

> Ivy downloads the spring-core.jar version 2.0.7 which does not contain
>
>    org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler
>
> When I download from the spring site I get the scripting package in the
> single spring.jar.
>
> What is the best approach to dealing with these kinds of inconsistencies?
> Start with public repositories first and then bring them into the shared
> or
> build the shared repository as you go to ensure that you have what you
> want?
>
> If I am having to rely on building my dependency xml files myself I wonder
> how much I am saving using Ivy. I like the idea of being specific but the
> brute force method of including **/* is enticingly simple.
> --
> Ed

John Gill