Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com> on 2014/06/19 03:39:21 UTC

[jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Google mockwebserver merged into OkHttp as per:

https://code.google.com/p/mockwebserver/
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/andrewgaul/jclouds square-mockwebserver

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413

-- Commit Summary --

  * Consistently use Square&#39;s mockwebserver

-- File Changes --

    M apis/s3/pom.xml (2)
    M apis/s3/src/test/java/org/jclouds/s3/S3ClientMockTest.java (6)
    M apis/swift/pom.xml (2)
    M apis/swift/src/test/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/blobstore/strategy/internal/SequentialMultipartUploadStrategyMockTest.java (8)
    M project/pom.xml (5)
    M providers/aws-s3/pom.xml (2)
    M providers/aws-s3/src/test/java/org/jclouds/aws/s3/blobstore/strategy/internal/SequentialMultipartUploadStrategyMockTest.java (6)
    M providers/dynect/pom.xml (2)
    M providers/dynect/src/test/java/org/jclouds/dynect/v3/DynectApiMockTest.java (5)
    M providers/hpcloud-objectstorage/pom.xml (2)
    M providers/hpcloud-objectstorage/src/test/java/org/jclouds/hpcloud/objectstorage/HPCloudObjectStorageApiMockTest.java (6)
    M providers/hpcloud-objectstorage/src/test/java/org/jclouds/hpcloud/objectstorage/internal/BaseHPCloudObjectStorageMockTest.java (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-java-7-pull-requests #1378](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-java-7-pull-requests/1378/) FAILURE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46516506

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
>        <artifactId>mockwebserver</artifactId>
>        <scope>test</scope>
> +      <exclusions>
> +        <exclusion>
> +          <groupId>org.bouncycastle</groupId>
> +          <artifactId>bcprov-jdk15on</artifactId>
> +        </exclusion>
> +      </exclusions>

It only fails here because it includes some dependencies (the `enterprise` driver) that bring BouncyCastle in. Providers that use the SSHJ driver, such as [digitalocean](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/digitalocean/pom.xml#L83) also have that exclusion, to avoid conflicts.

I don't know if it would be safe to move the exclusion to the `project/pom.xml`... What if no other BounCycastle dependency is present?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413/files#r13977814

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
+1 - looks good to me too. Thanks, @andrewgaul! Merged to [master](https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds.git;a=commit;h=05c37c2c77d1a1fe4c21813d1f1a71588513d0b2).

Does this need backporting to 1.7.x?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-47968801

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds #1247](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/1247/) FAILURE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request
[(what's this?)](https://www.cloudbees.com/what-is-buildhive)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46519716

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-java-7-pull-requests #1379](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-java-7-pull-requests/1379/) UNSTABLE

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46553840

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Regardless of where we put the bouncycastle, changes LGTM. Thanks!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46590646

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
Our dependencies have upgraded to Bouncy Castle 1.50 so after their next releases we should not need excludes any more: https://github.com/square/okhttp/pull/952 https://github.com/shikhar/sshj/issues/133

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46785729

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
@rcoedo You should make a similar change in jclouds-labs-aws/glacier.

@adriancole look good to you, OkHttp hero?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46515170

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds #1249](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/1249/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46555279

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-pull-requests #907](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-pull-requests/907/) FAILURE

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46516533

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Closed #413.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#event-138042751

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Everett Toews <no...@github.com>.
>        <artifactId>mockwebserver</artifactId>
>        <scope>test</scope>
> +      <exclusions>
> +        <exclusion>
> +          <groupId>org.bouncycastle</groupId>
> +          <artifactId>bcprov-jdk15on</artifactId>
> +        </exclusion>
> +      </exclusions>

Relevant: [Duplicate bouncycastle resources when depending on MockWebServer](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-555)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413/files#r13987358

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
Let's skip backporting to 1.7.x.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-47994211

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> Let's skip backporting to 1.7.x.

OK - will leave as-is. Thanks!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-48253370

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
>        <artifactId>mockwebserver</artifactId>
>        <scope>test</scope>
> +      <exclusions>
> +        <exclusion>
> +          <groupId>org.bouncycastle</groupId>
> +          <artifactId>bcprov-jdk15on</artifactId>
> +        </exclusion>
> +      </exclusions>

Note the exclusion needed here.  OkHttp provides an older Bouncy Castle, 1.48, and I do not understand why only aws-s3 triggers a duplicate dependency warning.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413/files#r13964911

Re: [jclouds] Consistently use Square's mockwebserver (#413)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-pull-requests #908](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-pull-requests/908/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/413#issuecomment-46553678