Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/03/14 22:44:28 UTC

Build in disrepair Re: Where are the convenience functions for HSSF?

He does bring up a good point there should be some way of having contrib
documentation.

Nicola Ken half ported from old old centipede to new centipede and so
one must use a different build for different things..  He's now kinda
emertus in a manner of speaking, so someone needs to pick this up.

With the extreme loathing that my prior build work created, I swore it
off completely (maybe only Glen + Nicola Ken have been here long enough
to remember).  Now I don't care if we use Ant or make files so long as
the site generates from XML, doesn't look too horrid, we have the JUnit
results, javasrc, javadoc, etc all from one build.

Hell we can use Maven for all I care, just so long as it works.  (At
this point I hate things in each, love things in each)..

If someone wants to really make a difference in this project we need
someone to take up the build.  It seems fair that that person should
be in charge of releases (currently thats Glen) but lets not leave this
big broken window.

Any takers?  Thoughts?

-Andy

Re: Build in disrepair Re: Where are the convenience functions for HSSF?

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
I could give moving completely to the new centipede a go.  I've got a few
things to finish first though (newsletter and a new project to
publish).  If someone else wants to give this a shot I'll be happy to step
aside.

Regards,

Glen