Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org> on 2012/01/05 20:11:27 UTC

rave.shindig.properties

Hi All,

I'm working on documenting how to get OpenSocial gadgets rendered on locked-domains using Rave and am running into an issue with the rave.shindig.properties file.

That properties file has some custom Rave specific properties defined at the top, but also has a copy/paste of all of the default properties from the shindig.properties file at the bottom.  The issue I'm running into is that changing one of those shindig specific properties (shindig.locked-domain.enabled) doesn't seem to be making its way to shindig at runtime.

I dug into this a bit and from what I can tell it appears that the copy/paste of the shindig.properties probably isn't supposed to actually be there as those values are never (from what I can see) injected into guice where the shindig components would then receive them.  The rave.shindig.properties file appears to only be read by the org.apache.rave.util.OverridablePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer class, and it appears that classes job is to do some manipulation of the properties read in and then make them available to the Spring runtime.

Digging further -- I found that we actually have a custom guice module (org.apache.rave.commoncontainer.ConfigurablePropertiesModule) which is responsible for loading the shindig.properties contents from either the shindig.properties file proper or a custom file/location specified as a system property (shindig.override.properties).

So is the copy/paste of all the shindig.properties values into rave.shindig.properties a carryover from something we were using in the past and no longer need, or am I just misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

--Jesse