Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sterling Okura <st...@bizlift.com> on 2006/11/28 21:10:09 UTC

Fed-Ex integration bid

Hi all.  I have a client that is interested in sponsoring the development of
Fed Ex integration.  If anyone is interested could you please send an
estimate?

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-271

thank you!
sterling

Re: Fed-Ex integration bid

Posted by Sterling Okura <st...@bizlift.com>.
Thank you for the advice Si.  I believe either a Ship Manager or an online
API will do the trick, which ever is easier to implement.  But I'll check
with client and see if they have a preference.  I assume the online api will
be more generally useful for project.

Client does not need rate estimates, but does nee the ability to schedule
shipment and automatically populate tracking code.  Void shipment might be
handy for cancelled orders.

thank you sir!
sterling

Re: Fed-Ex integration bid

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Sterling,

Re: Fed-Ex integration bid

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net>.
Hi Sterling!

I'd say this is probably hard to estimate, but it sounds like an
interesting venture. I - maybe together with a collegue of mine - might
be interested in helping out.

Two questions:

a) Did I get right that "sponsor" means that the implementation will
remain open source?
b) Is the focus US only or international shipping?
c) What's the time frame? Is this urgent? (Stupid question, I know, but
is there any firm timelines?)

Regards,
Torsten