Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mª Carmen Gómez Romero <mc...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/12 09:53:25 UTC

encoding error

Hi,

I have a server with Apache 2.0 + Tomcat 5.0

I have a problem because sometimes seem the charset change. If I restart =

the tomcat, the charset is correct other time.

I have -Dfile.encoding=3DISO-8859-1 in Tomcat startup.

what is it happening?

Thank you.

Re: encoding error

Posted by "Seak, Teng-Fong" <se...@yahoo.com>.
    Nowhere!  Or more exactly, it depends on what you want to do, or
what's wrong when it's not used.

encoding error

Posted by Mª Carmen Gómez Romero <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: encoding error

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Martin Gainty wrote:
> ISO 8859 is a full series of 10 standardised multi-lingual single byte
> coded 8 bit grapchic character sets for writing in alphabetic languages
> information is available at
> http://czyborra.com/charsets/iso8859.html
> If you want TOMCAT to default to Latin1 (West European) character set
> then use this option before starting
> set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
>
> HTH,
> Martin-

Be aware that file.encoding is a read-only property on many systems
and is not intended to be written to on any system.

I haven't yet found a charset problem that can't be fixed using the
features provided by the Tomcat/the specs. It all depends what you are
actually trying to do...

Mark

Re: encoding error

Re: encoding error