Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by sag72 <st...@gate-technologies.com> on 2007/08/16 06:17:12 UTC

triggering spam assassin

Hi,

I am having  trouble getting email through to end users using spam assassin.
The email is generated through a cold fusion application, then relayed
through an microsoft IIS smtp server. The mail is always blocked with a high
rating. I am issues these errors:

	*  4.5 FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML Outlook can't send HTML message only
	*  0.1 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
	*  4.5 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this format
	*  4.5 FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK Forged mail pretending to be from MS Outlook

Can someone point me in the right direction as to why thismay be happening?
Any information would help. Thanks!

Re: triggering spam assassin

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
sag72 wrote, On 16/8/07 4:17 PM:
> I am having  trouble getting email through to end users using spam assassin.

This question is best addressed to the spamassassin users mailing list
until you have answered the question as to whether it is a problem with
the configuration of your email setup, or incorrectly configured
SpamAssassin installations, or a problem with SpamAssassin itself. If
the latter, then you can opem up a bug ticket at
http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org and attach an example of email that
causes the problem, as an attachment with full headers.

> The email is generated through a cold fusion application, then relayed
> through an microsoft IIS smtp server. The mail is always blocked with a high
> rating. I am issues these errors:
>
> 	*  4.5 FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML Outlook can't send HTML message only
> 	*  0.1 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
> 	*  4.5 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this format
> 	*  4.5 FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK Forged mail pretending to be from MS Outlook

The three high scoring messages all have to do with a mail message that
has headers that say the message is produced by Microsoft Outlook, but
with characteristics that are not possible in mail from Outlook. If your
system is producing an X-Mailer header that includes "Microsoft Outlook"
but you are not using Microsoft Outlook to produce the mail, that is a
problem right there. If you are using Microsoft Outlook to produce the
mail and are seeing these results from SpamAssassin, that does look like
a bug in SpamAssassin. If you find that it occurs in current versions,
file a bug report that includes a sample mail as an attachment.

 -- sidney