Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by sd <sd...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/18 13:36:02 UTC

Missing features in 3.0.0?

Hi,
I've just started with Karaf and my intention is to get a Sling instance
correctly deployed and configured (which I'm also just starting with) as a
first exercise.

I have checked out and built the trunk source trees of both installations
and notice the latest 3.0.0 SNAPSHOT appears to be missing the features
command?

I'm following the instructions located here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/karaf-installation.html
<https://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/karaf-installation.html>   and there is no
features:addurl command, there is the feature (singular) version but no
addUrl. I've attempted adding additional features such as the webconsole and
pax-http but still nothing.

karaf@root()> version
3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
karaf@root()> system:version
3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
karaf@root()>

Thanks

Re: Missing features in 3.0.0?

Posted by sd <sd...@yahoo.com>.
That worked great, thanks!

Re: Missing features in 3.0.0?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
try: feature:install eventadmin first

Kind regards,
Andreas

Re: Missing features in 3.0.0?

Posted by sd <sd...@yahoo.com>.
Although a: karaf@root> la | grep -i sling lists many Sling bundles and
localhost:8181 shows the Sling page, not sure of the sanity of the
installation with this exception though

Re: Missing features in 3.0.0?

Re: Missing features in 3.0.0?

Posted by sd <sd...@yahoo.com>.
Ok thanks, I will give that a go

Re: Missing features in 3.0.0?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

There are lot of changes between Karaf 2.x and Karaf 3.0 (trunk),
especially some change in the commands.

For instance, features:addurl (which is correct with Karaf 2.x) has been
renamed to feature:repo-add on trunk.

Sling wiki deals with Karaf 2.x. So my advice is to use Karaf 2.2.x or
2.3.x to start with Sling.

Regards
JB

On 02/18/2013 01:36 PM, sd wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just started with Karaf and my intention is to get a Sling instance
> correctly deployed and configured (which I'm also just starting with) as a
> first exercise.
>
> I have checked out and built the trunk source trees of both installations
> and notice the latest 3.0.0 SNAPSHOT appears to be missing the features
> command?
>
> I'm following the instructions located here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/karaf-installation.html
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/karaf-installation.html>   and there is no
> features:addurl command, there is the feature (singular) version but no
> addUrl. I've attempted adding additional features such as the webconsole and
> pax-http but still nothing.
>
> karaf@root()> version
> 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> karaf@root()> system:version