Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> on 2021/09/29 18:15:21 UTC

test LDAP instance downtime/updates

FYI,

In https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22091 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22091> a test ldap instance was provided to the Whimsy project. This is a notification that Infra will be performing work on that host over the next few days. The system may be down and data may be unavailable during various operations. I will reply here when work is completed. You may continue using the service, but you may get timeouts or null results.

-Chris

Re: test LDAP instance downtime/updates

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 21:06, Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> wrote:

> > On Oct 19, 2021, at 2:14 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 05:23, Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> It will not currently work on ASF hosts against idmtest without setting TLS_REQCERT=never because the puppet-based ldap.conf is configured to only use the existing self-signed CA cert:
> >>

> >> TLS_REQCERT=never ldapsearch -H ldaps://idmtest1-ec2-va.apache.org:636 -W -b "dc=apache,dc=org" -L -D "uid=cml,ou=people,dc=apache,dc=org" uid=cml
> >
> > Surely that should be LDAPTLS_REQCERT= ... ?
>
> Apparently so.
>

> >> What is the command line/bind DN you are specifying when you get the error 32?
>
> > # search result
> > No such object (32)
> >
> > # numResponses: 1
> >
> > It assume you have karma to log in to Whimsy so you could try it for yourself.
>

> I have, and it works, but I have additional (apldap) karma. I will look into this further, it is likely related to DSN access. I'll get back to you...
>

> Thanks for testing.

Don't you have a cml-test LDAP account?

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 05:23, Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> wrote:

> It will not currently work on ASF hosts against idmtest without setting TLS_REQCERT=never because the puppet-based ldap.conf is configured to only use the existing self-signed CA cert:
>

> TLS_REQCERT=never ldapsearch -H ldaps://idmtest1-ec2-va.apache.org:636 -W -b "dc=apache,dc=org" -L -D "uid=cml,ou=people,dc=apache,dc=org" uid=cml

Surely that should be LDAPTLS_REQCERT= ... ?

> What is the command line/bind DN you are specifying when you get the error 32?

Just tried the following on Whimsy:

$ ldapsearch -H ldaps://idmtest1-ec2-va.apache.org:636 -W -b
"dc=apache,dc=org" -L -D "uid=sebb,ou=people,dc=apache,dc=org"
uid=sebb
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

$ TLS_REQCERT=never ldapsearch -H
ldaps://idmtest1-ec2-va.apache.org:636 -W -b "dc=apache,dc=org" -L -D
"uid=sebb,ou=people,dc=apache,dc=org" uid=sebb
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

$ LDAPTLS_REQCERT=never ldapsearch -H

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.