Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Jeff Schroeder <je...@computer.org> on 2015/01/26 03:29:00 UTC

Questions about my first contribution to ZK

Hi,

So since I'm a few weeks out from starting on building a largish Mesos /
Aurora cluster, I figured it made sense to read the ZK docs. I read through
all of the documentation linked on the homepages that exists under docs/ in
the source tree and found a decent number of tyops or grammatical errors.
I've fixed them and would like to contribute it back:

$ svn diff | diffstat
 recipes.xml            |    2 +-
 releasenotes.xml       |    2 +-
 zookeeperAdmin.xml     |    2 +-
 zookeeperInternals.xml |    2 +-
 zookeeperObservers.xml |    2 +-
 zookeeperOver.xml      |   10 +++++-----
 zookeeperTutorial.xml  |    6 +++---

I noticed that the actual source is under src/docs/documentation... and the
rendered docs, both html and pdf, are under docs. So... As part of my
contribution to update the source xml docs, do you expect me to send the
rendered html and pdf files along with the same patch?

Coming from projects like graphite[1] or salt[2], both of which I'm a
co-maintainer of, we only keep the actual source documents in version
control and have post-commit hooks build / render the documentation
artifacts.

[1] https://github.com/graphite-project -
http://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/latest
[2] https://github.com/saltstack/salt -
http://salt.readthedocs.org/en/latest

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com

Re: Questions about my first contribution to ZK

Posted by Jeff Schroeder <je...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2110

Posted by Hongchao Deng <fe...@hotmail.com>.
It's automatically built.