Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Yuriy Syrota <ys...@softservecom.com> on 2002/12/05 09:03:11 UTC

Apache::Hook

Hello, folks.

Could anybody explain me how can I specify apache hooks in the module?
In the other words, I want to do exactly what described here:
http://perl.apache.org/~dougm/modperl_2.0.html#new%20hook%20scheme

Although it's unclear for me what I should use() to use Apache::Hook.

-- yuriy syrota

Re: Apache::Hook

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Yuriy Syrota wrote:
> Hello, folks.
>
> Could anybody explain me how can I specify apache hooks in the module?
> In the other words, I want to do exactly what described here:
> http://perl.apache.org/~dougm/modperl_2.0.html#new%20hook%20scheme
>
> Although it's unclear for me what I should use() to use Apache::Hook.

It's not (fully) implemented yet. Patches are welcome.

That doc is a bit dated and certaint things have changed. Please refer
to the mostly up to date docs at perl.apache.org. There are two docs
that are outdated a bit there and require cleanup:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/overview/overview.html
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/design/design.html

so I suggest to not look at them at this time, as the material in them
is mostly covered in the rest of the 2.0 docs. That reminds me that I
need to add the 'what's new chapter from my tutorial. will do that shortly.

p.s. Yuriy, I'm working on the custom conf directives doc now and
hopefully should be done soon, so you can get going with the axkit porting.