Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/05/17 16:48:08 UTC

Removing wiki contents without notifying

What do u think of

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaUsecaseUniErlangen ?

IMHO, a mail to lenya ml is in order after removing our memories from
wiki even if they were done in german.

What do others think?

    Rolf Kulemann

Re: Removing wiki contents without notifying

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> What do u think of
>
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaUsecaseUniErlangen ?
>
> IMHO, a mail to lenya ml is in order after removing our memories from
> wiki even if they were done in german.

+1

<timlarson_> perhaps we should discuss the multi-lingual concept with
the other wiki.cocoondev dwellers (cocoon).  Personally I have no
problem with multiple languages on the wiki, but we might develop a
standard for this...maybe pages not in english should have a short
english description on top to help prevent deletions caused by people
thinking the wiki was just spammed.

+1

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Removing wiki contents without notifying

Posted by Thomas Hartwig <t....@crapoud.com>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
>> What do u think of
>> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaUsecaseUniErlangen ?
>>
>> IMHO, a mail to lenya ml is in order after removing our memories from
>> wiki even if they were done in german.
>> What do others think?
>>

> ???
>
> Still I do not understand how someone goes ahead and delete it without
> any notice! I started that wiki to format it later and 6 hours later
> everything is gone. ...and without any note! That is quite strange!
>
> I will contact him from home to see why he is going ahead deleting other
> people pages!

I'm not a friend of spreading languages/translations, but I love
UseCases, so the language for a UseCase does not matter IMHO.

UseCases are very important for the community and all devs, they give a
good possibility to contact/learn something about the users and how they
use the product.

So I would encourage the writing of UseCases even if they are in
different languages.

JM2C
Thomas

Re: Removing wiki contents without notifying

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Tim Larson wrote:

>On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 05:44:20PM +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

>>Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>

>>>What do u think of
>>>
>>>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaUsecaseUniErlangen ?
>>>
>>>IMHO, a mail to lenya ml is in order after removing our memories from
>>>wiki even if they were done in german.
>>>
>>>What do others think?
>>>

>>Still I do not understand how someone goes ahead and delete it without
>>any notice! I started that wiki to format it later and 6 hours later
>>everything is gone. ...and without any note! That is quite strange!
>>
>>I will contact him from home to see why he is going ahead deleting
>>other
>>people pages!
>>
>>thorsten
>>

>Maybe he missed the multi-language mailing-list discussion.
>Without that context, a german irc log would look pretty strange
>on the wiki, and he might have thought it was spam.  I really do
>not think he has any ill will against lenya or you :)
>
>Up till now, the wiki has officially been in english, and we should
>discuss with our cocoon friends that share wiki.cocoondev.org with
>us if we want to change this standard.  Please see the message where
>Gregor quotes me to see my opinion and a suggesion to help avoid
>issues like this.

Ok, you are right, but still if I do not know what the content is I will
contact the guy who put his name under the wiki, or not?

...and yes we have to thing about a way to manage multilingual content!
thorsten

>--Tim Larson

Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.
Avda. de la Arboleda s/n
41940 - Tomares,  (Sevilla)
Tlfn: (+34) 955 062 627
e-mail: thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es

Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su
destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgación, copia o
distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita de "Sociedad
Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información, S.A.U.". Si no
es Ud. el destinatario del mensaje le ruego lo destruya sin hacer copia
digital o física, comunicando a Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la
Sociedad de la Información S.A.U. vía e-mail o fax la recepción del presente
mensaje. Toda declaración de voluntad contenida deberá ser tenida por no
producida. Gracias.
___________________

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication
is prohibited without the prior written consent of "Sociedad Andaluza para
el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información, S.A.U.". If you are not the
formal receiver of this message please destroy it without making any digital
or physical copy and inform "Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la
Sociedad de la Información S.A.U." , by e-mail or fax, of the reception of
the present message. Any whatsoever involuntary declaration contained
herewith must be taken as having no legal effect. Thank you.

Re: Aplogies (Was: Removing wiki contents without notifying)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Aplogies accepted.

...but don't let it happen again ;-).

thorsten

Posted by "Hartwig, Thomas" <t....@crapoud.com>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 18 mai 04, à 17:17, Thomas Hartwig a écrit :
>
>> IMHO the used Wiki is missing one of the importants features:
>> Notification of changes to customizable emails....
>

> FYI, work is currently being done to migrate the Cocoon wiki to the
> Apache Wiki farm - more info on the dev@cocoon list.

Cool. This looks far better.

 > Andreas Hartmann wrote:
 >
 >> Thomas Hartwig wrote:
 >>
 >>> IMHO the used Wiki is missing one of the importants features:
 >>> Notification of changes to customizable emails.
 >>
 > How does this work? Do you register for certain pages?

Yes, take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/general/FrontPage, there you
can subscribe for special pages.

Thomas

Re: Aplogies (Was: Removing wiki contents without notifying)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Thomas Hartwig wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Thomas Hartwig wrote:
>>
>>> IMHO the used Wiki is missing one of the importants features:
>>> Notification of changes to customizable emails.
>>

>> IMHO the cocoon-docs list serves this purpose quite well ...
>>
>> Or do you mean to be notified when a page changes that you
>> have edited?
>

> Yes, or even other pages.

How does this work? Do you register for certain pages?

-- Andreas

Re: Aplogies (Was: Removing wiki contents without notifying)

Posted by Thomas Hartwig <t....@crapoud.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Thomas Hartwig wrote:
>
>> IMHO the used Wiki is missing one of the importants features:
>> Notification of changes to customizable emails.
>

> IMHO the cocoon-docs list serves this purpose quite well ...
>
> Or do you mean to be notified when a page changes that you
> have edited?

Yes, or even other pages.

Thomas

Re: Aplogies (Was: Removing wiki contents without notifying)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Hartwig <t....@crapoud.com>.
IMHO the used Wiki is missing one of the importants features:
Notification of changes to customizable emails.

But I'm afraid, there is no chance to use an other Wiki?!

Thomas

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>What do u think of
>
>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaUsecaseUniErlangen ?
>
>IMHO, a mail to lenya ml is in order after removing our memories from
>wiki even if they were done in german.
>
>What do others think?

???

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> What do u think of
>
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaUsecaseUniErlangen ?
>
> IMHO, a mail to lenya ml is in order after removing our memories from
> wiki even if they were done in german.
>
> What do others think?

I guess not the German was the problem, but the missing
formatting. IIRC it is a general policy to remove un-formatted
contents from the Wiki (which I appreciate).

But I think if a page starts with "This will be cleaned up
until 2004-05-20", nobody will complain.

-- Andreas