Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Eric Gravel <Er...@intervalintl.com> on 2003/11/19 17:49:36 UTC

How do I use filters in AND condition fashion?

I've been looking at the sample code given in Ceki's Log4J book, chapter
6, and it seems that
if I had a filter chain such as the one below that it is a OR condition
type statement.  If there's
a match on the first filter it accepts the message and stops processing
there.  If it doesn't match
on the first one, it goes to the second filter and if there's a match
there it stop as well.

What I'd like to do is filter message on a condition such as all
messages of level INFO and
containing the text "test" for example.  Is this possible with the
current distribution of log4j?

<filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelMatchFilter">
  <param name="LevelToMatch" value="INFO" />
  <param name="AcceptOnMatch" value="true" />
</filter>

<filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.StringMatchFilter">
  <param name="StringToMatch" value="test" />
  <param name="AcceptOnMatch" value="true" />
</filter>

Eric A. Gravel
Java Programmer/Analyst - Internet Development

Interval International
6262 Sunset Drive, PH-1
Miami, FL, 33143
Office:  (305) 666-1861 x7315
Fax:      (305) 668-3409
Email:   eric.gravel@intervalintl.com

****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE****
This e-mail and any attached documentation is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure. If any reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.