Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/06/14 15:58:32 UTC

MessageResources configuration line to struts-config.xml ?

I have been reading (really...  lol) this thread :
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg33807.html
but according to struts-config.xml's dtd dunno where to put the tag, and
which tag, to indicate the location (class) of my MessageResources
.properties file !

The message told to do so :
1. Define the Resource bundle in the struts-config.xml file. If you have a
resource
bundle by name
    FormErrorResources.properties, then define it as follows:
        <message-resources parameter="com.myDomain.FormErrorResources" />

Thanks for any clue.

Barbara

Re: MessageResources configuration line to struts-config.xml ?

Posted by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com>.
ok, this solved my question by telling me to upgrade :-)

Prior to that I passed an <init-param>application... parameter to my servlet
but the associated ActionForm could not use it then.

Thank you very much :-)

Barbara
Posted by James Holmes <jh...@yahoo.com>.
Oops, sorry for the confusion.  The
<message-resources> tag is new in 1.1 and thus is only
available in Struts 1.1b.

Here are links to both the 1.0 and 1.1 DTDS:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd

-james
james@jamesholmes.com
http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/

--- Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> wrote:
> Hi James, thanks for this, gotta give a try.
>
> Can you point me to the right tag in the DTD ? guess
> that I cannot see it
> because I have printed it out in black :-p
>
> I use Struts 1.0.2, should I move to 1.1b ? Gotta
> see if it's out of beta
> state...
>
> Barbara

__