Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/06/19 13:30:41 UTC

Building maven-2.0.6 from source

Hi all,

I am trying to build maven-2.0.6 from source, and have run into a small
problem.

After checking out the maven-2.0.6 tag, I have run "mvn install" to run
through the build. The build ran through to completion, but I cannot find
the assembly that is used to create the binary distribution.

Does anyone know what the steps are to complete the build?

Regards,
Graham

Re: Building maven-2.0.6 from source

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On Tue, June 19, 2007 3:31 pm, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-building-m2.html
>
> Try:
>    cd maven-core
>    mvn assembly:assembly
>
> I think it's different on trunk and the branch now, but see if that
> works for the 2.0.6 tag, I can't remember when things changed.

This didn't work for me - I ended up with a -bin zip file that is 48k
long, and contains no jars.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy