Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Klaus Thiele <kt...@pi-ag.com> on 2002/04/22 17:52:28 UTC

response has already been committed - question/solution?

Hello,

in our application was integrated a third_party portal software which don't use
frames but includes (managed by a database) dynamicly parts of our struts-application
via
   <%jsp:include page="<%=incl%>"></jsp:include>
this works fine with the Orion-AppServer but not with Tomcat4/JBoss
(Cannot forward after...)

After reading the Mail-Archive and the Specs 'higgledy-piggledy' i'm
concluding that a Struts-Appl _cannot_ be included via '<%jsp:include...'.

Did i'm right? (It isn't very useful not be able to do this)

Then the Light in the Dark(?):  rd.include instead of rd.forward

i patched struts-1.0.2 that ActionServlet has a new init-parm "rdinclude"
and if this set to "true" it does an rc.include otherwise rc.forward.

And our Application works FINE with Tomcat4!!!

But where are the 'Hooks and Eyes'?
Is something like this already planned?,....

any help/hints are very appreciated
tia
  klaus

--
Klaus Thiele - Personal & Informatik AG
mailto:kth@pi-ag.com

 "Your mouse has moved.
  Windows must be restarted for the change to take effect."