Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Idris Ali <ps...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/03 22:49:40 UTC

Evaluating oozie on EC2 with EMR

Hi,

Has anyone evaluated oozie for running jobs on EMR?

I see couple of issues:
1. Specifying the JT URI in oozie, as every time a new instance is spawned
in EMR.
There is difference between the way the job is submitted to traditional
Hadoop JT and EMR.

2. Specifying data-sets in coordinators and input/output to workflow, as
data would be stored in S3, resolving S3:// would be tricky.

Thanks,
-Idris

Re: Evaluating oozie on EC2 with EMR

Posted by jaydeep vishwakarma <ja...@mkhoj.com>.
Hi,

Even I am interested to know about oozie on EMR. Waiting for update from
oozie commiters.

Regards,
Jaydeep

On 04/11/12 3:19 AM, Idris Ali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone evaluated oozie for running jobs on EMR?
>
> I see couple of issues:
> 1. Specifying the JT URI in oozie, as every time a new instance is spawned
> in EMR.
> There is difference between the way the job is submitted to traditional
> Hadoop JT and EMR.
>
> 2. Specifying data-sets in coordinators and input/output to workflow, as
> data would be stored in S3, resolving S3:// would be tricky.
>
> Thanks,
> -Idris

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.