Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mark Hortman <ma...@jcafeinc.com> on 2001/12/12 23:34:51 UTC

Slide Fails with Office XP?

I have discovered what seems to be a bug in Office XP, and I was wondering if anyone else can refute/support my theory.

When I run Slide out of the binary distribution of 1.0.16, and Use Internet Explorer 5.5 to open up a slide as a "Web Folder"
All is well.  When I create a collection, via new folder, and try to go into the web folder, I get a message that says

Documents in this folder are not available.  The folder may have been or deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection
to the server.

I have other machines, that do not have Office XP installed, and I am able to connect to slide and create folders in folders in folders just fine.
But the two machines we have in our office with Office XP both fail to connect with this message.

I beleive this can be traced to a file in
C:\program files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\50

files without XP have
C:\program files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\40

Can anybody use XP with Slide?  I can, but not when you get into a collection and put a file into the collection.