Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dennis Foreman <df...@stny.rr.com> on 2003/04/14 02:20:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Access is denied

Hello all,
Thanks to the excellent help from Joshua Slive, I have successfully gotten
my ~userid translated to ~userid.WTSN, which is my WinXP login domain name.
Apache now starts and runs OK, except when a user tries to run a CGI
program. The error log says:

 "(OS 5) Access is denied."

When I run the same script on a non-domain system (also WinXP), I get no
such error. In fact, I can move the CGI program to other locations on my
non-domain PC (as long as I change the cgi-bin and scriptalias statements in
httpd to match) with no problems. The directory and scriptalias setups on
both systems are identical (even having the same names, except the ID having
the ".wtsn" appended). The WinXP access privileges and "run as" are the same
on both systems.

I suspect it has to do with the userid ending in .WTSN. I've checked all the
FAQs I can find that appear related. I've searched the Apache site for "OS
5" and "access is denied", but they give no clue as to the cause. I think
I've done all the required homework and could use some help.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? And how I can fix it.

regards,
D. J. Foreman, Ph. D.
website: http://WWW.CS.Binghamton.EDU/~foreman