Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com> on 2013/02/11 15:57:43 UTC

Customize Column in Tapestry Grid

Hello, I'm working with jquery datatable which uses the tapestry grid
component and I'm trying to add a detail column to my grid.

I've done the following thus far which appears to be working,

<t:jquery.datatable class="datatable" t:id="dataTable" t:source="prs"
                     t:mode="false"
                     t:options="options"
                     rowsPerPage="25"
                     t:model="model"
                     t:row="pr"
                     t:add="detail">
             <${context:images/details_open.png}>
    </t:jquery.datatable>

What I would like to do is add a class "center" to the first column td of
each row along with replacing the header name "detail" with a blank choice.

It should look like the following when completed,
http://datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/api/row_details.html

Is there a way to accomplish this task without the use of javascript?

Re: Customize Column in Tapestry Grid

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Good call Manu, you guys did such a nice job designing datatable component, I
guess I felt as if I was still using the Grid component ;) Anyhow header
worked great. Css might be a little difficult to use when defining only the
first column. I just worry first-child will have issues within older legacy
browsers.

I have an additional question about a detail row, however I'll ask that in a
new post.

Re: Customize Column in Tapestry Grid

Posted by Emmanuel DEMEY <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,

First, the DataTable do not use the Grid component ;). It is based on the
GridModel like the Grid component
.
You can maybe center the header directly in CSS ? without adding a "center"
CSS class.

For the blank header, you can override each header, by defind a :

Manu

2013/2/11 George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>

> Hello, I'm working with jquery datatable which uses the tapestry grid
> component and I'm trying to add a detail column to my grid.
>
> I've done the following thus far which appears to be working,
>
> <t:jquery.datatable class="datatable" t:id="dataTable" t:source="prs"
>                      t:mode="false"
>                      t:options="options"
>                      rowsPerPage="25"
>                      t:model="model"
>                      t:row="pr"
>                      t:add="detail">
>              <${context:images/details_open.png}>
>     </t:jquery.datatable>
>
> What I would like to do is add a class "center" to the first column td of
> each row along with replacing the header name "detail" with a blank choice.
>
> It should look like the following when completed,
> http://datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/api/row_details.html
>
> Is there a way to accomplish this task without the use of javascript?

Emmanuel DEMEY
Ingénieur Etude et Développement
ATOS Worldline
+33 (0)6 47 47 42 02