Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Barrett <jo...@hawaii.edu> on 2006/03/30 06:58:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Newbie Help

Hi,
I am hoping somebody could point me to a good book for learning how
to configure Apache 2?
I am brand new to using Apache. I just got a mac powerbook, but want
to use apache 2 over the default of Apache 1.3.
Therefore, I want to learn how to make Apache 2 run the system. I did
a package install so it installed Apache 2 in a different location.

Thanks,
John

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by John Barrett <jo...@hawaii.edu>.
Hi,
Thanks so much for your help, and the book idea. Tomorrow I am going
to boarders here in Hawaii to get a book.
Getting better I finally got tomcat & apache 2 working.

Thanks for your help
JOhn

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au>.

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.

>Rich Bowen scores on both those tests, and also does newbie
>training, including the "introduction to apache" tutorial at
>ApacheCon.  Worth a look at his books.

I agree on this also.  I have used a couple of his books, and also
seen him at ApacheCon.  He is a "Very" good instructor.

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by John Barrett <jo...@hawaii.edu>.
Thanks:)

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by John Barrett <jo...@hawaii.edu>.
Hi,
Thanks so much, this book looks good:)
I am going to the book store tomorrow, and have a look at their
apache books.

Things are improving, I finally almost have everything running. I
know I need a good reference book on apache 2.
Thanks so much for your help,
JOhn

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by ht...@karsites.net.

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by John Barrett <jo...@hawaii.edu>.
Thanks so much for your help, I am going to go to the store tomorrow:)
John

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Help

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.