Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/14 06:44:04 UTC

Re: Rampart, Supporting tokens, SAML

Hi,
   This sample is a proof-of-concept to show metadata exchange works with
security. So if you look at the service's security policy, specifically the

<Issuer xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
    <Address xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
http://localhost:8090/axis2/services/STS</Address>
        <Metadata xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
             <mex:Metadata
                 xmlns:mex="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/mex"
                     <mex:MetadataSection Dialect="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/mex">
                         <mex:MetadataReference>
                             <Address
                             xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/mex</Address>
                        </mex:MetadataReference>
                    </mex:MetadataSection>
             </mex:Metadata>
     </Metadata>
</Issuer>

It has both issuers address and a mex endpoint to get the policy of the
issuer. So if you go through the services.xml , you can see there is a mex
service too. What Rampart does is first call the mex service and find the
policy of the issuer and then send a message to issuer according to that
security policy to get a the token. Then it is similar to sample 05.

thanks,
nandana

--
Nandana Mihindukulasooriya