Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Saldy Mathew <sm...@webifyservices.com> on 2004/11/05 22:45:25 UTC

SessionTimeOut Issue.

Is there a way to know whether a session has timed out in org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage ?

I am aware of the handleStaleSessionException method available in BaseEngine.

 /**
     * Redirect to SessionTimeOut page when the session becomes stale.
     */
    protected void handleStaleSessionException(StaleSessionException ex, IRequestCycle cycle,
            ResponseOutputStream output)
        throws IOException, ServletException {
        redirect("SessionTimeOut", cycle, output, ex);
    }

-Saldy

Re: SessionTimeOut Issue.

Posted by Jonathan Millett <jo...@millett.net>.
You could try calling the isNew() method on the HttpSession:
cycle.getRequestContext().getSession().isNew();

This won't help distinguish between a truly new session and a timed out
one, but might be useful for pages where both new (stateless) and
expired sessions are not allowed.