Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by mitu2009 <mu...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/18 08:13:14 UTC

Synchronizing Lucene indexes across 2 application servers

I've a web application which uses Lucene for search functionality. Lucene
search requests are served by web services sitting on 2 application servers
(IIS 7).The 2 application servers are Load balanced using "netscaler".

Both these servers have a batch job running which updates search indexes on
the respective servers in the night on a daily basis.

I need to synchronize search indexes on these 2 servers so that at any point
of time both the servers have uptodate indexes. I was thinking what could be
the best architecture/design strategy to do so given the fact that any of
the 2 application servers could be serving search request depending upon its
availability.

Any inputs please?

Thanks for reading!

Re: Synchronizing Lucene indexes across 2 application servers

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Could you re-ask this on java-user instead?  Thanks!

(java-dev is for discussing how to make changes to Lucene; java-user
is for discussing usage of Lucene).

Mike