Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Daniel Toffetti <dt...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2010/03/23 18:28:33 UTC

Programmatic usage of ReverseMappingTool

Hi all,

    After learning about reverse mapping in the OpenJPA user manual (Chapter
7, Section 2) I was thinking it would be nice to have a GUI front-end to
setup a JDBC connection, configure mapping options, destination folder etc.,
and start the generation task.
    Is it possible to use ReverseMappingTool in such a way ?  Is there any
sample code of using ReverseMappingTool class from the main() method of a
simple class ?  If its easy enough, I can even think of building a Netbeans
plugin to do this all from the IDE.
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Daniel

Re: Programmatic usage of ReverseMappingTool

Posted by ljnelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
Hi; at my company we've made heavy use of it programmatically.  We
actually put together a Maven plugin to run it such that you can
configure it using native Maven mechanisms; the OpenJPA Maven plugin
that's publicly available is quite restrictive.

Feel free to contact me at ljnelson at gmail dot com for more details.

Best,
Laird