Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk> on 2004/06/23 11:44:55 UTC

Calendar sample

I'm looking at the calendar sample.
Is it possible to supply a sitemap parameter to the CalendarGenerator
in order for it to generate complete weeks at the start and end of the
month (i.e. fill in the last few days of the last month, and the few
days of the next month), or will this involve programming changes to
the java source code?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: Calendar sample

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> It's not the sample as such, only the output of the CalendarGenerator
> that I'm interested in. So I won't be sending you a patch for the stylesheet.
> When I've got my application to the point of working, I'll then try
> extending it, and then I'll send you the patch if I can get it to work.

I think modifying the stylesheet might not be necessary. I haven't
looked at it in a while, but I suspect it doesn't much care if the first
day is the first of the month or not.

At least, I hope so, but I might remember wrong.

	Ugo

Re: Calendar sample

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    Ugo> Colin Paul Adams wrote:
    >> I'm looking at the calendar sample.  Is it possible to supply a
    >> sitemap parameter to the CalendarGenerator in order for it to
    >> generate complete weeks at the start and end of the month
    >> (i.e. fill in the last few days of the last month, and the few
    >> days of the next month), or will this involve programming
    >> changes to the java source code?

    Ugo> It will involve some changes to the Java code. I don't think
    Ugo> it's too difficult. If you can do it and supply a patch, I'll
    Ugo> happily apply it.

OK.

Re: Calendar sample

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    Ugo> Il giorno 25/giu/04, alle 00:44, Colin Paul Adams ha scritto:
    >> I will also need to get the month and year parameters from the
    >> query string. What would be involved in adding a
    >> <use-request-parameters> like the xslt transformer can take?

    Ugo> Why would you want to do that? You can do:

Because I'm new to cocoon, and didn't know better.

    Ugo>          <map:generate type="calendar"> <map:parameter
    Ugo> name="month" value="{request-param:year}"/> <map:parameter
    Ugo> name="year" value="{request-param:year}"/> </map:generate>

That's exactly what I want to do.

    Ugo> The set of parameters that you might pass to the generator is
    Ugo> fairly small and I don't see much need for what you're
    Ugo> proposing. Now that I think of it, it would even be better if
    Ugo> the year and month were encoded in the "src" attribute,
    Ugo> instead as parameters, like this:

    Ugo>    <map:generate type="calendar"
    Ugo> src="{request-param:year}/{request-param:year}"/>

    Ugo> WDYT?

I see no need to alter it.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: Calendar sample

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.

Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/

Re: Calendar sample

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

Re: Calendar sample

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.

Re: Calendar sample

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Jul 19, 2004, at 1:30 PM, Ben Pope wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> samples/cal
>
> It was linked from:
>
> samples/components

ah, yeah... that's it! :-)

Thanks,
~ml

RE: Calendar sample

Posted by Ben Pope <no...@hotmail.com>.
Check:

samples/blocks/forms/

(that's from memory)

There are various date fields with the correct styling.  The "action" one
springs to mind.

Ben

 I'm also looking for pop calender please if you know that can you send me
the URL

thanks

RE: Calendar sample

Posted by sudhir reddy <su...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ben,

 I'm also looking for pop calender please if you know
that can you send me the URL

thanks

sud

RE: Calendar sample