Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Loic R Julien <lj...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/02/21 21:49:39 UTC

TDB + Warning messages

I am using TDB 0.8.9 and Jena 2.6.4

1- I wonder if I initialize TDB correctly. I currently do a very
straightforward call to create my dataset. However, I do see a warning
when TDB initialize.
Code
        TDBFactory.createDataset (Dir location);
Warning
         WARN [Start Level Event Dispatcher] (SetupTDB.java:755) - No BGP
optimizer

2- I serialize some "internal" RDF models with relative URIs. As such, I
pass in a base URI of "" when reconstructing the corresponding Model
instance so that I can leave those untouched.  I do end up, however, with
Warning messages. Is there a way to avoid printing out those warnings?
Code
        this.model = ModelFactory.createDefaultModel();
        RDFReader reader = this.model.getReader();
        reader.read(this.model, new ByteArrayInputStream(rdf.getBytes()),
"");

Warning
         WARN [1527929618@qtp-940521487-3]
(RDFDefaultErrorHandler.java:36) - file:///..-Data Removed-..(line 1
column 443): {W130} Base URI is "", relative URIs left as relative.: <
..-Data Removed-..>

I thank you for your help,
~Loic

Re: TDB + Warning messages

Posted by Milorad Tosic <mb...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I'm using the same versions of the libraries. I can not be sure what you are trying to do, but the following initialization procedure works for me:

        File m_baseDir = new File(baseDirPath+File.separator+"tdb");
        Model m = TDBFactory.createModel(m_baseDir.getPath());

Then, if I want to select a reasoner to work with, I do:

        m_triplestore = ModelFactory.createInfModel(ReasonerRegistry.getOWLMiniReasoner(), m);

Regards,
Milorad

Re: TDB + Warning messages

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 21/02/12 20:49, Loic R Julien wrote:
> I am using TDB 0.8.9 and Jena 2.6.4
>
> 1- I wonder if I initialize TDB correctly. I currently do a very
> straightforward call to create my dataset. However, I do see a warning
> when TDB initialize.
> Code
>          TDBFactory.createDataset (Dir location);
> Warning
>           WARN [Start Level Event Dispatcher] (SetupTDB.java:755) - No BGP
> optimizer

Best is to put an optimizer file

http://incubator.apache.org/jena/documentation/tdb/optimizer.html

fixed.opt does an adequate job in many cases.

but you can call TDB.setOptimizerWarningFlag(false)

> 2- I serialize some "internal" RDF models with relative URIs. As such, I
> pass in a base URI of "" when reconstructing the corresponding Model
> instance so that I can leave those untouched.  I do end up, however, with
> Warning messages. Is there a way to avoid printing out those warnings?
> Code
>          this.model = ModelFactory.createDefaultModel();
>          RDFReader reader = this.model.getReader();
>          reader.read(this.model, new ByteArrayInputStream(rdf.getBytes()),
> "");
>
> Warning
>           WARN [1527929618@qtp-940521487-3]
> (RDFDefaultErrorHandler.java:36) - file:///..-Data Removed-..(line 1
> column 443): {W130} Base URI is "", relative URIs left as relative.:<
> ..-Data Removed-..>

This is not a TDB issue.

RDF really should have absolute URIs - set the base to be something.  At
least http://example.org/

(I think RIOT will resolve "" and so you get an absolute file: URI

	Andy