Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org> on 2022/09/30 08:09:45 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator Release 1.2.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 1.2.0 of
Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Kubernetes Operator canonical source distribution (including the
Dockerfile), to be deployed to the release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Kubernetes Operator Helm Chart to be deployed to the release repository
at dist.apache.org
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository
d) Docker image to be pushed to dockerhub

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a,b) can be found in the corresponding dev repository
at dist.apache.org [1]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [2]
* The docker image for d) is staged on github [3]

All artifacts are signed with the key 21F06303B87DAFF1 [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag "release-1.2.0-rc2" [6]
* PR to update the website Downloads page to include Kubernetes Operator
links [7]

**Vote Duration**

The voting time will run for at least 72 hours.
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

**Note on Verification**

You can follow the basic verification guide here[8].
Note that you don't need to verify everything yourself, but please make
note of what you have tested together with your +- vote.

Thanks,
Gyula Fora

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-1.2.0-rc2/
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1538/
[3] ghcr.io/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator:95128bf
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12352091
[6]
https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/tree/release-1.2.0-rc2
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/573
[8]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+Kubernetes+Operator+Release

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Kubernetes Operator Release 1.2.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org>.
Thank you everyone for testing, I am closing this vote.

Will post the results as a separate email.

Gyula

Posted by Chenya Zhang <ch...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Biao Geng <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1(non-binding)

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Posted by Őrhidi Mátyás <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jim Busche <jb...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 (not-binding)

Thank you Gyula,

Helm install from flink-kubernetes-operator-1.2.0-helm.tgz looks good, logs look normal

podman Dockerfile build from source looks good.

twistlock security scans of the proposed image look good:  ghcr.io/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator:95128bf