Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/21 11:05:05 UTC

Dbcp and tomee?

Do we try to use tomcat dbcp in tomee? It misses jta features.

Re: Dbcp and tomee?

Posted by zeeman <ha...@fastmail.us>.
It's a good plan, at least BoneCP offers what Tomcat pool offers, JTA
compatible, and web apps like mine would not mind adding the new jar and
deleting 2 jars needed by DBCP and commons pool. BoneCP has good design for
concurrency and abandoned connections, which is lacking in DBCP.

I'll be happy with this BoneCP option if it works reliably, and can be
packaged in resources.xml. Thanks for the good work, you guys are awesome!

Re: Dbcp and tomee?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
well not sure bonecp will be here out of the box since currently i'm not
sure it brings a lot more than tomcat (or even dbcp depending on the app)
but to use it adding few jar will now be easy (even in the app if using
resources.xml normally)

the todo are:
1) merge when we'll consider it stable (hope pretty quickly)
2) some logging/object creation should be rewritten/refactored (even if it
should work) to log better information
3) do some doc

- Romain

Re: Dbcp and tomee?

Re: Dbcp and tomee?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
yes some updates: a branch here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/branches/openejb-pool/  with
proxies, tomcat and bonecp pools (still in progress).

- Romain

Re: Dbcp and tomee?

Posted by zeeman <ha...@fastmail.us>.
Any updates on which direction will be used for the DB pool?

Re: Dbcp and tomee?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hmm,

not sure the jta is the best idea (for perf reason) that's why i asked
about it.

About tomee/tomcat link about datasource it is better if we avoid a too
important link since datasource management is in openejb.

about tomcat and jta i found no way to get the same features we currently
have (maybe i missed them), i'll look further soon.

- Romain

Re: Dbcp and tomee?

Re: Dbcp and tomee?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.