Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ishan Thakur <is...@yahoo.in.INVALID> on 2016/12/09 05:58:31 UTC

[users@httpd] How to restrict Directory access in httpd

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Ishan Thakur <is...@yahoo.in>
 To: Httpd <de...@httpd.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, 9 December 2016 11:24 AM
 Subject: How to restrict Directory access in httpd

Hi ,
    I am running apache(2.2.29) static libraries into my application . I want to restrict access to particular directories from where my application is running. So for example: My application is  at D:\new_user\<application directories>  and i have some private files at D:\private_fileThen user if provides path like ../../private_file via web interface to my web-app , then he is able to access this "private_file" in my server. How can I restrict it ?? How to restict in a way only D:\new_user\<application directories>\* is accessible to web-interface?

Thanks ,Ishan

Re: [users@httpd] How to restrict Directory access in httpd

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.

> Date: Friday, December 09, 2016 05:58:31 +0000
> From: Ishan Thakur <is...@yahoo.in.INVALID>
>
> Hi ,
>     I am running apache(2.2.29) static libraries into my
> application . I want to restrict access to particular directories
> from where my application is running. So for example: My
> application is  at D:\new_user\<application directories>  and i
> have some private files at D:\private_fileThen user if provides
> path like ../../private_file via web interface to my web-app , then
> he is able to access this "private_file" in my server. How can I
> restrict it ?? How to restict in a way only
> D:\new_user\<application directories>\* is accessible to
> web-interface?
>
> Thanks ,Ishan

It sounds like you have your "DocumentRoot" set to "D:", rather than
a lower directory level. However, without seeing your configuration
that's only a guess.