Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/01/25 19:40:45 UTC

HTC One m8 (was RE: Reporting broken download link)

Bob, images aren’t forwarded to this list.

The error message is apparently misleading.

The problem is that you are running Windows *Phone* 8.1 on an ARM processor (of the HTC One m8).

The Apache OpenOffice project does not provide a version for Windows Phone and attempting to download from openoffice.org will fail.

The only software available for your Windows Phone is to be found in the Marketplace app on the HTC One.

How and where are you using Apache OpenOffice already?

You might be able to work with the Microsoft Office applications that are included on the HTC One and interchange with OpenOffice by accessing them from where they are stored automatically (in Microsoft Office format) on Microsoft OneDrive.  You may have to settle for using .doc, .ppt, and .xsl formats in order to continue using the documents from your HTC One m8.  Or you can use a browser to work with your HTC One documents using Microsoft Office web applications that will also work on your documents on OneDrive.  That’s true for OneNote documents too and there is a free version of OneNote for the Windows desktop if you use a Windows computer.

- Dennis

PS: For any follow-up, please reply to users @ openoffice.apache.org where other experts may have advice and others can learn the solutions to common problems.  The OpenOffice Forums have an extensive knowledge base at https://forum.openoffice.org/ as well.