Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Howler D. Wolfe" <ho...@bigbadwolf.org> on 2004/07/03 02:40:21 UTC

Is Tomcat part of this product?

*Hello Everyone,

Pardon my ignorance, its been a while since, I've been on this list.  I
have a question and I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything like
that I really am just interested in the differences.  I would like to
know what the differences are between Tomcat 5.x and Sun Java System
Application Server Platform Edition 8 Update 1.

I know that the Sun product allows EJBs and such. I guess what I'm after
is besides that, is there any real value to using Tomcat over it or
vice-versa? Either technically or legally (licensing)?

Its my understanding that part of the Sun product comes with a  version
of Tomcat, is it version 5.x?  Can I get the same functionality from
Tomcat that I can from the Sun product? Is Tomcat better?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions about this, but I want to setup an
Apache 2, PHP and Java website with MySQL.  Any insight that can be
provided would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
John

*