Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com> on 2019/04/05 03:18:44 UTC

UnknownTimeZoneError: 'US/Pacific-New'

I saw multiple PRs are hitting this error:

  File "/home/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pytz/__init__.py",
line 178, in timezone
    raise UnknownTimeZoneError(zone)
UnknownTimeZoneError: 'US/Pacific-New'

If you hit the same error, it is highly possible that this is not caused by
the code changes in your PR. Please re-trigger the tests.

For more information, please follow the PR:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/24266

Thanks,

Xiao

--
[image:
https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/north-america?utm_source=email&utm_medium=signature]

Re: UnknownTimeZoneError: 'US/Pacific-New'

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for fixing this, Shane!

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: UnknownTimeZoneError: 'US/Pacific-New'

Posted by Parth Gandhi <pa...@gmail.com>.
The tests pass now. Thank you Shane.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 17:59 Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much, Shane! :D
>
> Bests,
> Dongjoon.
>
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 2:31 PM shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
>> ok, this should be fixed now.  turns out a couple of the workers were
>> somehow missing (!?) the US/Pacific-New tzinfo file in the python2.7
>> site-packages pytz lib.  i manually added that entry in to pytz's
>> __init__.py, recompiled, and scped a couple of those tzinfo files if for
>> some reason the recompile didn't properly .
>>
>> amp-jenkins-worker-05 was one of the impacted workers and i confirmed my
>> fix by running the python tests manually w/the exact env that jenkins uses.
>>
>> more details here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-27389
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:09 AM shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> quick update:  while we still really don't know why this is failing
>>> intermittently across the workers, i put a quick hack in place that should
>>> fix things.
>>>
>>> see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-27389 for more details.

>>> --
>>> Shane Knapp
>>> UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead
>>> https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu
>>>

>> --
>> Shane Knapp
>> UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead
>> https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu
>>
> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: UnknownTimeZoneError: 'US/Pacific-New'

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much, Shane! :D

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Parth Gandhi <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
i'm unsure the of the scope of this problem as i literally just started
looking in to it less than an hour ago.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for the update, Shane!

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: UnknownTimeZoneError: 'US/Pacific-New'

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.