Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Hamid.Shahid" <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/01 11:17:24 UTC

Re: warning Connect failed

*Hi Jakub,*

Thank you for explaining the chrome related issue. Basically, my application
will run as a console application rather like a service but I will discuss
with the server/broker side regarding the CA and Trusted Peer thing you
mentioned.

*Hi Cliff, *

Unfortunately, the server (broker) side is not developed by us and I guess
it is not even developed in windows. I also know that the client certificate
support is not implemented in Windows implementation of the Qpid client.
Therefore, I am trying to modify the API code to add this client certificate
support. I am doing this by looking at the server/broker implementation.

Uptil now, I have modified the ctor of the /"SslConnector"/ class to open
certificate store /"CertOpenStore"/ and to find the certificate
/"CertFindCertificateInStore"/ before it tries to
/"AcquireCredentialsHandle"/ in /"SSLConnector.cpp"/. It can open the store
successfully and finds the certificate as well and even goes to
/"ClientSslAsynchIO::startNegotiate()"/ but when it comes to
/"ClientSslAsynchIO::negotiateStep(BufferBase* buff)"/ it fails while trying
to /"InitializeSecurityContext"/ and goes to/ "negotiationFailed"/ and gives
the following error;

/2012-01-25 18:08:09 notice SSL negotiation failed to <server-ip>:10170: The
target principal name is incorrect./

Please let me know, if I have missed anything to modify or if this is not
the right way to add the certificate support for the client side.

Many thanks.

-Hamid.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: warning Connect failed

Posted by "Hamid.Shahid" <ha...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Cliff,

Yes, actually I am also tyring to create a separate C++ program to test this
connection problem using SChannel but that is also not working.

I am also thinking to contact Steve abou this, but I think he is very busy
to reply.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Re: warning Connect failed

Posted by Cliff Jansen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hamid,

If I were in your position, I would not try to debug two pieces of
complex code at the same time.

I would recommend first trying to get the Windows ssl/tls calls
working in a simple C program, completely separated from Qpid code.
When that is working with your server and client certificates, you can
concentrate on the integration with Qpid code.

If you are pressed for time, I note that Steve Huston offered to help
you on a consulting basis in a previous thread you started.  He has
done excellent work for the Qpid community and just happens to be the
author of the code you are wading through.

Cliff

Re: warning Connect failed