Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> on 2017/07/03 16:14:32 UTC

RE: Precise-links browser extension

This is fabulous work, Gerben! Apologies for only just now following up.

I'm curious--from both you and Randall--what it would take to make Apache Annotator be the source of the libraries this Web extension depends on.

I know we still need to bring Randall's dom-anchor things "into the fold." However, I'm also curious what's different between your packaged version of the fragment identifier library and the one Randall did here. I'm guessing at least the ES6-ification?

The next steps--we seem to be having a hard time taking--is getting these libraries wrapped or added to the Apache Annotator repo + a similar factory style wrapper like the one you and Sasha have both created.

Help narrowing in on the differences will be useful.

Also, pull requests more than welcome! :)

Cheers!
Benjamin

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.
Sorry for the top post kids...Outlook. >_<

Randall, great work on this new build system! I'll have some follow-up issues/questions soon!

Gerben, I'm super glad you're still here! :D My July (like Randall's) was full of unexpected things--travel, a death in the family, and more... Consequently, that meant I fell behind on my duties here. Apologies.

I do think we're getting close to being ready for a bi-weekly check-in style approach.

Also, anyone (and everyone) should feel free to contribute ideas/thoughts/hopes/concerns here and on the repos: http://annotator.apache.org/

More emails to follow. :)
Benjamin

--

http://bigbluehat.com/

http://linkedin.com/in/benjaminyoung

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org>.

Re: initial scope & API

Posted by Gerben <ge...@treora.com>.

Re: initial scope & API (was: Precise-links browser extension)

Posted by Gerben <ge...@treora.com>.

Posted by Gerben <ge...@treora.com>.

Posted by Gerben <ge...@treora.com>.