Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Ni...@progressive.com on 2002/07/09 17:34:17 UTC

BadTargetObjectURI problem:: Please guide me !!!

I am new to SOAP and Tomcat and I am continuously getting this problem:

Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
 Fault String = Unable to resolve target object: Hello

As per I have read so far it is due to the classpath settings.
I have all my .java and .class files( as well as classpath) set to
 c:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\webapps\soap\WEB-INF\classes.

I am getting this problem no matter what I do.
I then created my.jar file containing all my .class files and put it in
%TOMCAT_HOME%/lib but it is also of no help.
 I am using jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4 version.

I learnt that you had the same problem and hope you have solved it.
Thanks
(See attached file: Hello.java)(See attached file: Example1_client.java)
(See attached file: DeploymentDescriptor.xml)

Nishant Awasthi
Corporate Systems Database Intern
Progressive Insurance
Phone: 440-603-4055 (Work)
Cell: 330-328-0243 (Cell)

Re: BadTargetObjectURI problem:: Please guide me !!!

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Can you provide a little more information about how you installed Apache
SOAP with Tomcat.  For example, did you edit tomcat.bat?  If so, what change
did you make.  Did you install Apache SOAP as a war, or did you unjar it
yourself, or did you build the webapps directory manually?  Did you add a
context to Tomcat's server.xml?

Scott Nichol