Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arun Gupta <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/05 01:36:22 UTC

Alternate rows with different color

Trying to provide different color to alternate rows by following the
recommendation at:

http://devinvenable.blogspot.com/2007/10/wicket-and-html-style-attributes.html

The source code is available at:

http://kenai.com/projects/runner/sources/subversion/content/wicket/runner/src/main/java/org/example/runner/runlog/RunlogPage.java?rev=118

Adding the following code:

item.add(new AttributeModifier("class", new PropertyModel(this,
runlog.getId() % 2 == 0 ? "list-line-odd" : "list-line-event")));

at line 104 or 134 gives the following error:

-- cut here --
WicketMessage: No get method defined for class: class
org.example.runner.runlog.RunlogPage$2 expression: list-line-odd

Root cause:

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: No get method defined for
class: class org.example.runner.runlog.RunlogPage$2 expression:
list-line-odd
at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getGetAndSetter(PropertyResolver.java:440)
at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getObjectAndGetSetter(PropertyResolver.java:282)
at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getValue(PropertyResolver.java:91)
-- cut here --

CSS is statically linked as:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/runlog.css"/>

The CSS is at:

http://kenai.com/projects/runner/sources/subversion/content/wicket/runner/src/main/webapp/css/runlog.css?rev=118

Any idea, what's wrong ?

Or a better advise to provide odd/even rows with different colors ?

Thanks,
-Arun
--
Need Application Server ? - Download glassfish.org
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta

Re: Alternate rows with different color

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
"class" is already in the markup and did not made any difference.

Still getting the same error :(

-Arun

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by T Ames <ta...@gmail.com>.
Following Igor's example, you will need to override the newItem() method.
It is inherited into DataView from RefreshingView. Something like:

new DataView() {

  @Override
  protected item newItem(..) {
       return new OddEvenItem(...);
  }
}

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Cristi,

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Igor,

Yes, I do plan to it the right way. But this got me moving fast for now and
validated some other concepts in my application.

-Arun

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.
your solution is definitely better, Igor, but he seems very new to wicket
and it was faster to get that working than to explain he needs to change the
repeater. at least that's what i thought.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>wrote:

> you guys are more then welcome to head down this badly broken road, or
> you can look at what i said...
>
> -igor
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Cristi Manole<cr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > How about
> >
> > public class RunlogPage extends BasePage {
> > private int counter;
> >
> > (...)
> >
> > item.add(new AttributeModifier("class", counter++ % 2 == 0 ? new
> > Model("list-line-odd") : new Model("list-line-event")));
> >
> > ?
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:33 AM, arungupta <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Sweet, that worked :)
> >>
> >> Now runlog.getId() does not return alternating odd/even numbers so will
> >> need
> >> to figure out what might ;) Is there anything in the model that might
> >> provide that information ?
> >>
> >> -Arun

> returns

> as

> context

> the
> >> >> >>>

> http://devinvenable.blogspot.com/2007/10/wicket-and-html-style-attributes.html

> http://kenai.com/projects/runner/sources/subversion/content/wicket/runner/src/main/java/org/example/runner/runlog/RunlogPage.java?rev=118

> for
> >> >> >>>

> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getGetAndSetter(PropertyResolver.java:440)
> >> >> >>>

> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getObjectAndGetSetter(PropertyResolver.java:282)
> >> >> >>>

> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getValue(PropertyResolver.java:91)

> http://kenai.com/projects/runner/sources/subversion/content/wicket/runner/src/main/webapp/css/runlog.css?rev=118

> ?

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cristi Manole
> >
> > Nova Creator Software
> > www.novacreator.com

Cristi Manole

Nova Creator Software
www.novacreator.com

Re: Alternate rows with different color

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
I thought about that as well and so will probably use it for now :)

Thanks a lot for the great help as it got me moving fast. I may have more
questions later and then will come back.

Thanks,
-Arun

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.
How about

public class RunlogPage extends BasePage {
private int counter;

(...)

item.add(new AttributeModifier("class", counter++ % 2 == 0 ? new
Model("list-line-odd") : new Model("list-line-event")));

?

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:33 AM, arungupta <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sweet, that worked :)
>
> Now runlog.getId() does not return alternating odd/even numbers so will
> need
> to figure out what might ;) Is there anything in the model that might
> provide that information ?
>
> -Arun
>

> Cristi Manole wrote:
> >
> > you can always just wrap it...
> >
> > item.add(new AttributeModifier("class", runlog.getId() % 2 == 0 ? new
> > Model("list-line-odd") : new Model("list-line-event")));
> >
> > note that you'll get different colors only if you have defined
> > list-line-odd
> > in your css, added that to page and, of course, if runlog.geId() returns
> > alternating odd/even numbers.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Igor Vaynberg
> > <ig...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> this was meant as an example for you and can work under 1.3.6 as well as
> >> 1.4.
> >>
> >> look at the source to see what it does, you would use it like so:
> >>
> >> new refreshingview() { protected item newItem(..) { return new
> >> oddevenitem(...); }}
> >>
> >> btw 1.4.0 is out.
> >>
> >> -igor

> >> takes
> >> me.

> >> ?

> http://devinvenable.blogspot.com/2007/10/wicket-and-html-style-attributes.html

> http://kenai.com/projects/runner/sources/subversion/content/wicket/runner/src/main/java/org/example/runner/runlog/RunlogPage.java?rev=118

> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getGetAndSetter(PropertyResolver.java:440)
> >> >>>

> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getObjectAndGetSetter(PropertyResolver.java:282)
> >> >>>

> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getValue(PropertyResolver.java:91)

> http://kenai.com/projects/runner/sources/subversion/content/wicket/runner/src/main/webapp/css/runlog.css?rev=118

> > --
> > Cristi Manole
> >
> > Nova Creator Software
> > www.novacreator.com

Cristi Manole

Nova Creator Software
www.novacreator.com

Re: Alternate rows with different color

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Sweet, that worked :)

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.
you can always just wrap it...

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
OK, trying 1.4 and the sample below, thanks!

BTW, the application working fine with 1.3.6 gives the following error with
1.4:

ERROR - DiskPageStore              - Couldn't load DiskPageStore index from
file
/Users/arungupta/workspaces/runner~subversion/wicket/runner/target/work/wicket.runner-filestore/DiskPageStoreIndex.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.wicket.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap

Any idea ?

-Arun

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Ah, that kinda explains it.

But all AttributeModifier ctors require an IModel. What should I pass for
that now ?

-Arun

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.