Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/15 17:34:36 UTC

State of EJB Clustering

Hi,

what is the state of Geronimo's EJB clustering?

Basically I wonder if it is possible to have n Java application clients that
address m servers that run stateless beans. A client should stick to a
server as long it is alive and transparently go to another one if it is
dead.

Is this information here still current for 2.2?
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/test-drive-geronimo-ejb-clustering.html

Or would GGache be the way to go?
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/geronimo-clustering-with-gcache.html

Thanks,
Juergen

Re: State of EJB Clustering

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.
David, thanks for your help.

Digging deeper I found this posting which is explaining things:
David Blevins Re: Client/Server Multicast Discovery and Failover
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openejb-dev/200809.mbox/%3C0A2746FD-2820-4221-A223-60BDFED5F5D1@visi.com%3E

I think documentation could be based on this posting, missing is how to set
up the servers.

Looks like clustering needs multicast so I guess I have to persuade sysadms
to set up multicast ...

Cheers,
Juergen

Re: State of EJB Clustering