Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2004/01/11 12:25:45 UTC

betwixt XMLBeanInfo -> schema

i've been thinking about create some example documentation on various
methods of xml <-> object mapping (including JaxMe and betwixt) for a
while now. digester has an xml -> object example code for RSS 0.91 and
planned to base the stuff on that.

i was wonder whether we could use RSS 0.91 to create a quick
proof-of-concept for betwixt XMLBeanInfo (the mapping description for a
bean) -> schema -> JaxMe.

i think that RSS is a good choice because:

1. it's simple but shows some complexities
2. RSS is capable of being represented by a schema
3. it's useful

- robert

Re: betwixt XMLBeanInfo -> schema

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> and the schema derived from the XMLBeanInfo with the official schema :)

Damn true. :-)

Re: betwixt XMLBeanInfo -> schema

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> i think that RSS is a good choice because:
>
> 1. it's simple but shows some complexities
> 2. RSS is capable of being represented by a schema
> 3. it's useful

That's a good idea, because RSS is most probably available as an XML Schema
as well. So in the end, we'll be able to compare beans derived from the
schema and beans derived from the beans. :-)

Jochen