Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Akshay Dayal <ad...@gradle.com> on 2023/06/18 04:54:29 UTC

Hi - introducing myself

Hey community,

My name is Akshay, I work at Gradle and one of the things I'm currently
doing is helping an open-source project use the Gradle build tool more
effectively - and the project I'm looking at is Calcite.

I'm very excited to be able to help everyone's builds run more efficiently.
I've worked with a teammate (Clay Johnson) to inspect the Gradle build and
I've identified 2 issues so far that could be addressed to help improve
build performance:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5785
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5786

I've sent PRs for them as well.

I'm happy to learn more about how Calcite is built and I'll look at other
things that could be improved.

--
Akshay Dayal
Technical Trainer

--
*
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: The contents of this email message, and any