Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2002/05/01 19:02:30 UTC

Tomcat Upgrade question

Hello,

I am running Tomcat 4.0.3 on NT, and I am going to upgrade the version. Up to this point, when I upgraded, I basically copied my old version to a bak.version and copied the web-apps folder over. Is this the best way to do a upgrade, or is the sw intelligent enough to just upgrade on top of itself.?

I have quite a bit of sites running and was curious the best way to go from one version to another.

Thanks,
Scott

Re: Tomcat Upgrade question

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Scott,

I would only pull in your own webapps rather than all of them.  The
reason is that the examples, tomcat-docs, admin, etc... that come with
tomcat also get updated each release.

Jake

SP> Hello,

SP> I am running Tomcat 4.0.3 on NT, and I am going to upgrade the version. Up to this point, when I upgraded, I basically copied my old version to a bak.version and copied the web-apps folder over.
SP> Is this the best way to do a upgrade, or is the sw intelligent enough to just upgrade on top of itself.?

SP> I have quite a bit of sites running and was curious the best way to go from one version to another.

SP> Thanks,
SP> Scott

SP> --

Best regards,