Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Wojtek Ciesielski <cc...@interia.pl> on 2007/03/16 11:03:40 UTC

[Tap4.0.x to 4.1.1] ClassNotFound Exception

Hi all,

I was trying to move our web app from Tapestry 4.0 to version 4.1.1.
I've replaced framework, annotations and contrib jars with new onces -
system compiled. But when tried to launch it an exception was thrown,
which boiled down to:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/concurrent/locks/ReentrantLock
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.DisableCachingFilter.<init>(DisableCachingFilter.java:41)
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

I've went through jars provided with distribution and I'm pretty sure
that there is no package starting from edu... And
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/dependencies.html page says that
"here are no dependencies for this project. It is a standalone
application that does not depend on any other project." - so what am I
doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Wojtek

Re: [Tap4.0.x to 4.1.1] ClassNotFound Exception

Posted by Yiannis Mavroukakis <yi...@jaguarfreight.com>.
Grab the appropriate jar from here

http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 11:03 +0100, Wojtek Ciesielski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to move our web app from Tapestry 4.0 to version 4.1.1.
> I've replaced framework, annotations and contrib jars with new onces -
> system compiled. But when tried to launch it an exception was thrown,
> which boiled down to:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/concurrent/locks/ReentrantLock
> org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.DisableCachingFilter.<init>(DisableCachingFilter.java:41)
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>

> I've went through jars provided with distribution and I'm pretty sure
> that there is no package starting from edu... And
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/dependencies.html page says that
> "here are no dependencies for this project. It is a standalone
> application that does not depend on any other project." - so what am I
> doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice,
> Wojtek

> This e-mail has been scanned for all known viruses.

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.