Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Passey <kp...@kdpsoftware.co.uk> on 2003/09/02 14:32:43 UTC

Which is the best way to install an application with connection p ooling

I have normally stopped the server - edited the server XML file, put my war
file in the webapps folder and re-started tomcat.

Using the manager app - is there a way I can do this 1)from a remote system
and 2)without manually editing the server XML file.

I've have tried putting the jndi info using the admin console but I keep
getting NULL driver exceptions.

Thanks

Kevin

Re: Which is the best way to install an application with connection p ooling

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
There are a number of ways.

If autoDeploy = "true" then you can just drop the WAR file in the Host's
appBase directory.

You can also use the manager app's various tasks (install, deploy, etc):

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/manager-howto.html

This is easily accomplished with ant.

John