Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org> on 2004/03/18 14:20:06 UTC

VC6 build

	What is the difference between "Multithreaded" (/MT) and
"Multithreaded DLL" (/MD) compiler option? Can I compile Xerces 2.5
using "Multithreaded" option, instead of default "Multithread DLL"?

Thank you,
Milan

RE: VC6 build

Posted by "Eric J. Peters" <ep...@rightrez.com>.

If I recall correctly, /MT and /MD refer to the version of the runtime the
project will be linked against.  If using /MT, it will be statically linked
against libcmt(d).lib; and if using /MD, it will use libcmt(d).dll at
runtime.

            -Eric.

  _____