Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com> on 2004/11/10 18:44:13 UTC

Intermediate page in between request and response

Hi,

I have a cocoon program that display huge now of rows when a user
request for search for some information. When the user enters data in
page1 and clicks GO  I have a xsp to search information in the database
and display it in page2.The time it takes for the search is 5 min or so
I want to display an intermediate page which contains an animated image
( like in www.orbitz.com) and then take the user to page2 when the
search is done. This is required because the users sometimes clicks GO
2,3 times resulting in multiple searches . Users do not realize that the
search is going on hence causing many other problems.

Right now this is how I have it in my sitemap. Is there a way I can show
an intermediate page ?? by the way I am using cocoon portal server.

 <map:match pattern="history.xsp">

    <map:act type="validate">
       <map:parameter name="validate" value="{request-param:date}"/>

	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="page2.xsp">
 	    <map:parameter name="current"value="{CURRENT}"/>
    	     <map:parameter name="startdate"value="{startdate}"/>
	    <map:parameter name="enddate" value="{enddate}"/>
	    <map:parameter name="pool" value="{pool}"/
	</map:generate>
	<map:transform src="context://project/styles/searchresult.xsl"/>
	<map:serialize/>

    </map:act>

     <map:generate src="page1.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
     <map:transform rc="context:/project/styles/search.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

Thanks you very much in advance,

Anna.

Re: Intermediate page in between request and response

Posted by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com>.
Can anyone please answer this question?