Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/06 23:48:36 UTC

Re: .DS_Store annoyance on the Mac

I've been playing around with this today, and I've created a patch which
I've attached to OPENEJB-1057.

What I'm doing is looking at the deployments section of openejb.xml (I've
added an extra attribute called excludes to Deployments), and ignoring files
which match the pattern specified.

The problem I've run into is that in order to exclude files in the webapps
directory when running in Tomcat, you need to add a <Deployments
dir="webapps/" /> which causes everything in the webapps folder to be
deployed from DeploymentsResolver instead of TomcatWebAppBuilder, and that
give exceptions about looking for tag libraries.

We could ignore <Deployments> for the webapps folder in DeploymentsResolver
if we're running in Tomcat - or perhaps there's a better way?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers

Jon

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Louis,

It is ignored at the moment, however I added some code to process
<Deployments> in openejb.xml as part of this work so that we could figure
out what to ignore.

It seems the the ability to control what is ignored is desirable and
Openejb.xml seemed like a good place to specify it. I'm open to configuring
this setting in another way.

Currently I'm leaning towards just ignoring a <Deployments dir="webapps/"/>
tag in DeploymentsResolver when we're running in Tomcat to solve the
problem, but I'm interested in any ideas anyone has.

Jon

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Jon,

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
That's right - with the patch in its current form, just adding:

<Deployments dir="apps/" excludes="Thumbs\.db"/>

to openejb.xml would do what you want.

Jon

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,